Spending long hours sitting down, focused on the road can really make you want to get up, stretch your legs, and relax your mind. What better way to ease your thoughts and body than taking in the beautiful scenery this country has to offer? Whether you are in need of a calming waterfall or trees as big as your truck you can find the perfect park while out on your travel adventures.
Here is a list of some of the best parks to check out during your next long haul!
- Yosemite National Park, located a little over an hour outside of Fresno, CA, this is a great pit stop before cruising back to work. Mountainous cliffs, beautiful waterfalls, and a pretty good chance of spotting a black bear are most visitor’s favorite parts.
- Big Bend National Park is a must see whether you are headed south from El Paso or west from San Antonio, this park is a unique slice of Texas. Explore the excellent hiking trails or submerge yourself in nature with bird watching followed up with a nice horseback ride.
- Turkey Run State Park is home to one of the Midwest’s most distinctive parks. Drive about an hour west of Indianapolis and you might find yourself renting a canoe to float along the beautiful Sugar Creek.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a great place to stop for a picnic and to really enjoy the mountainous view. If you get out there in the spring you can see some beautiful wildflowers or visit in the fall to see all of the colored leaves. Either way, this stop in Gatlinburg, TN will really be worth your while.
- Grayson Highlands State Park is located on the southern border of Virginia and is known for its breathtaking views of the Grayson Highlands. Try checking out the wild pony hikes and owl prowls for an outstanding park experience.
Before your next OTR run, take time to plan out an adventure you can take after delivering your load. Stepping outside of your truck to take in America’s beauty will not only lower you work stress but make you excited for that next work journey.